Design Assistant /
We are looking for a friendly and reliable Design Assistant / Office Coordinator to join our studio part-time (16-24 hours/week). In this role you will support the Principals and designers on projects, maintain the office space, and help ensure the daily operations run smoothly.
High School Diploma with related customer service and/or administrative work experience.
Strong interpersonal skills in verbal and written communication. Thrives in a collaborative team environment. Organized and attentive to details. Excellent at multi-tasking, working efficiently, and managing time independently. Capable of handling confidential information with integrity. Flexible and able to adapt quickly to sudden requests and changes in tasks.
Proficient in G Suite and word processing in MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reception duties including receiving packages and distributing to staff, greeting visitors, offering and preparing beverages, notifying staff of arrival, answering telephone/email inquiries, and taking messages.
- Assist with coordinating special events, such as company parties, offsite meetings and/or presentations. Tasks may include room/technology set-up, meals, assembling materials, and clean-up.
- Attending project meetings, note-taking, and distributing meeting reports.
- Assist designers with field measuring indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Communicating with sales representatives to obtain product information, request material samples, schedule in-person meetings, and updates to the office resource library.
- Printing and scanning documents in-house; sending drawings and presentation documents to print centers and arranging delivery or pick-up.
- Preparing packages for mail or courier and scheduling pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Managing calendars of Principals and shared office calendars and contact lists.
- Contributing content for social media sites and other marketing campaigns.
- Maintaining a clean, organized office; replenishing office food and supplies.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.